I have a data set collected using K3 detector which I could'nt particle pick or 2D classify on Relion. Fortunately, cisTEM does a good job and I could pick particles successfully. Also, I found that a small subset of particles yielded much better 2D classes on cisTEM than Relion. However, I would like to use Relion for 3D classification. Will the following work?
1. Save the good 2D classes on cisTEM
2. Create refinement package
3. Export particle.star (of the saved good 2D classes)
4. Import the cisTEM initial model mrc file and use it as reference.
5. 3D classify in the usual relion style.